Here’s what I’ve found that worked for me…
What Works – The Skinny Details
Reading Sales / Business / Self-Help Books
It doesn’t matter which books. There are plenty of great choices. Just pick one and go with it. Try reading at least one per quarter and watch your sales numbers go up. Also, don’t feel that you have to implement “everything” you read into action… many a times its just one or two nuggets that you can take away that will have a huge impact for you long term.
Here are my favorites:
- Stephen Covey – 7 habits of highly effective people
- Dale Carnegie – How to win friends and influence people
- Spencer Johnson – Who Moved My Cheese?
Listening to Audio Tapes
Try listening to a business (sales / self-help etc) book on tape for at least 5-minutes everyday on the way to work for 20 business days in a row and watch how much of an impact that will have on your attitude.
Here are the ones I’m listening (and some, re-listening to) the past two weeks:
- Donald Trump – Art of the Deal
- Chris Voss – Never Split the Difference
- Mark Roberge – The Sales Acceleration Formula
Role-playing was one of the single biggest contributors to my success and I’ve seen it save many a salespersons job. Of course you need to make sure you are role-playing the proper sales techniques. Otherwise you reinforce what isn’t working! …