Buying counterfeit goods is risky for your security, your health and your wallet. So don’t do it!
You’re not sure? Ask yourself these questions:
- Are your fake sunglasses really protecting your eyes?
- Is the fake toy for your baby girl free of toxic substances?
- What might be in your fake perfume?
- Are you sure your fake battery won’t explode when you’re using it?
- And what if your fake product is defective? Do you have a guarantee right?
- Or what if you receive a letter from the right holder saying that you will have to pay the destruction costs for the fake mobile you just bought in Asia?
You want to be sure you aren’t buying fake products? Check out the 10 ECC-Net tips on how you can avoid buying fake products on the Internet.
1. Check the identity of the seller
Always check the contact details of the webshop to verify if it really exists, and where and how to complain in case of a problem.
Here are the details to verify:
- the name of the company,
- the geographical address,
- the e-mail address or a genuine contact form
- the phone and fax number, if available. ….